Work for us
Current vacancies (5 vacancies)
Please note: We can only consider applications where our Application Form is completed in full and submitted via the eTeach portal. You can download the form by visiting the eTeach website, along with any Candidate Information Packs.
St. Michael’s School expects all applicants and candidates for any role with us to undergo appointment screening, as part of our Safer Recruitment Policy. This policy is available on request and can also be read by candidates at the point of application. It has due regard to the National Assembly circular 158/2015 “Keeping Learners Safe” which provides guidance on the ideal recruitment process to ensure safeguarding principles are upheld and unsuitable people are prevented from working with children. It also draws guidance from the predecessor to “Keeping Learners Safe” which was 34/02 “Child Protection: Preventing Unsuitable People from Working with Children and Young Persons in the Education Service”. Key principles of this process are:
- CVs are not accepted as a method of application, though you are welcome to provide one, but it is not essential. We have a standard application form and all gaps between employment, whether for study or any other reason, must be detailed. Questions will be asked about these at interview.
- Written references, including those from previous/current employers, will always be sought prior to interview. We will take steps to verify references.
- Where qualifications are relevant, we will take steps to verify these and original certificates must be provided.
- An Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required for all roles, therefore you should ensure that you have suitable Photo ID available, original proofs of address and any other documents requested.
- Employment can only commence once all the relevant conditions have been met.
St. Michael’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups as defined in the Equality Act 2010.